You can decide how you’d like to get notifications and emails from GroceryList—or you can opt-out of them altogether.
In the app—
- Tap the 3 stacked horizontal lines in the upper left corner
- Tap Your account settings
- Tap Notifications
- From here, you can toggle on or off the types of notifications you receive about order updates or sales/promotions.
On the website—
- At the top left, click the 3 horizontal lines
- Click Account settings
- Click Notifications
- From here, you can toggle on or off the types of notifications you receive about order updates or sales/promotions
If you’re in the United States, you can also opt-in to or opt-out of SMS marketing updates during checkout. While checking out, simply add your phone number, if you haven’t already, then select the checkbox next to Text me about deals and promotions. This checks the box, opting you in to receiving marketing text messages. If you have already opted in, it unchecks the box, opting you out.
Reply to SMS marketing texts with STOP to opt-out.
Please note—if you turn off all notifications for order updates, you won’t get any alerts about the status of your order, including replacements and refunds.
To change your email subscription settings, navigate to the Notifications page in the app or on the website.
- In the app—toggle on/off Receive marketing emails
- On grocerylist.com—select Manage email preferences to opt-in/out of marketing emails.
Please note—you’ll still receive emailed order confirmations, even if you unsubscribe from marketing emails.
If you’re not receiving emails from grocery list, please check your “Spam” or “Junk” folders to ensure the message was not filtered or flagged incorrectly.
Desktop push notification marketing
You must opt-in to web push notifications before receiving promotions on your computer. Once you are opt-in, you can click the link in the notification to add the promotion to your account. You can also add a promotion code to your account in the grocery list app or on the website.
To allow or block notifications from instacart.com, refer to your browser’s help center for guidance—